Cold black bean salad with a bite! It makes a great side dish for any Mexican or Southwestern dish. This recipe has become a healthy favorite in our family. Adjust the amount of serrano pepper to suit your spice tolerance.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 serrano chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a medium serving bowl, mix together the black beans, tomatoes, chilies, bell pepper, vinegar, oil and salt. Chill for 1 hour before serving.