This salsa recipe uses an unusual combination of ingredients - melons, onions, jalapeno's, etc. It's a wonderful item to serve at parties as a dip with your favorite taco chips. Also great when eaten with fish, or even as a topping to a salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
In a large serving bowl, stir together the tomatoes, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir in the orange juice, almonds, salt and lime juice. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving for best flavor.
Homemade Salsa Secrets