The ingredients are classic - tuna, macaroni, mayonnaise, celery and tomatoes. But we never seem to get tired of this good old comfort food. Great for a summer meal. Dress up with slices of avocado, sunflower seeds and some cubes of feta.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni
- 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna
- 1 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, celery and tuna.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, salad dressing, sugar and pepper. Add to pasta salad, mix together, and refrigerate for 1 hour.