Red and green cabbage are mixed with colorful vegetables, and tossed with a spicy lime dressing. Brightens up any picnic or backyard bbq and goes with everything you throw on the grill.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red cabbage, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, carrots, and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Toss dressing with cabbage mixture until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 to 60 minutes before serving.