Red and green bell peppers and carrots give color to this chowder made with half-and-half and frozen corn kernels. Serve sprinkled with grated cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups dry potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook onion, red and green bell peppers, and carrots until tender.
Stir in thawed corn, potato flakes, salt, ground peppers, and 3 cups water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in milk and half and half. Warm only. Do not boil. Serve sprinkled with grated cheese.