Eat your veggies! No problem doing that with these fabulous fajitas. Summer squash, red and green peppers and strips of red onion are saut Eed with oil and garlic and then wrapped into a warm tortilla. A sprinkling of cheese and cilantro and your on your
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 julienned red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow squash, halved and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place in oven. Turn heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions, red and green peppers, and garlic; stir to coat with oil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir squash into vegetables. Stir in salsa, cumin, and salt. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
Spoon vegetable mixture evenly down the centers of warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Roll up tortillas, and serve.