These steaks are wonderful and easy to make. They also make their own gravy. Wonderful served with rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 (4 ounce) cube steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Season the steaks on both sides with Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Place the steaks into the prepared baking dish. Pour the lemon-lime beverage over them. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix, and pour over the steaks.
Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until meat reaches desired doneness. Do not open the oven door during the first hour of cooking. Serve steaks with gravy spooned over.