This is a very smooth creamy pie. It makes a great first impression. Garnish with whipped topping and crushed cookie crumbs if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 3/4 ounces instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Press in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Chill.
Mix pudding according to directions on the package using 2 cups of milk. Blend in cream cheese and coffee. Fold in nondairy whipped topping. Pour filling into cookie crust. Chill 2 to 4 hours prior to serving.