Egg noodles and beef in a tomato and mushroom sauce with cottage and Cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce with mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion until no pink shows; drain. Mix in 1 of the cans of tomato sauce, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Pour into shallow 3 quart casserole baking dish.
Pour in noodles in an even layer. Top with cottage cheese; sprinkle with onions and Cheddar cheese. Pour on remaining can of tomato sauce.
Bake in a preheated over for 30 minutes.