This is the sangria that my friends taught me to make in Spain. It's quick and easy and makes a great drink to mix up for a summer party.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 (750 milliliter) bottles red wine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 sliced fresh peaches
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 3 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
In a large pitcher, combine red wine, sugar, apples, peaches, bananas and cinnamon sticks. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
When you're ready to serve, stir in the lemon-lime soda.