Make your own instant soup mix with non-fat dry milk, chicken boullion granules, seasonings and thickening agents.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Using an air tight container combine dry milk, cornstarch, onion flakes, pepper and chicken bouillon. If desired also add basil and thyme. Mix well and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
When using the mix combine 1/3 cup of the mix with 1 1/4 cups of water in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened.