This Southwestern chicken salad is flavored with lime, chili powder, cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers - stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
Prepare the dressing in a large bowl by mixing together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder and salt.
Mix in the chicken, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Mix in the rice and avocado; toss together well and serve.