My grandmother always had this for Thanksgiving, and it has been a family tradition for over 30 years. We serve this flavorful, colorful baked mixture of sweet corn and croutons every year.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2/3 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the green bell pepper and red bell pepper until soft.
Mix the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, creamed corn, seasoned croutons, milk and ground black pepper in the baking dish.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.