This baked 'omelet' has a golden brown edge and a firm texture. A bit of cheddar cheese, mushrooms and red bell pepper make this a hearty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3.2 ounce) envelope dry NESTLE® CARNATION® Instant Non-fat Dry Milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 10-inch oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE egg whites, eggs and dry milk in medium bowl; mix thoroughly. Stir in cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, salt and black pepper. Pour mixture in prepared skillet.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.