A melange of fruits and nuts are folded into a fluffy mixture of cheese, whipped topping and gelatin. Allow this dessert to chill for several hours before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package fruit flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 32 ounces large curd cottage cheese
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Prepare gelatin according to package directions, substituting 1 cup cold water with 1 cup crushed ice. Place gelatin into freezer until almost congealed.
Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth. Fold cream cheese into gelatin. Add cottage cheese, fruit cocktail, pineapple, oranges, apples, banana, cherries and walnuts. Mix well.
Pour into mold or dish and refrigerate until completely set.