A wonderful salad for holiday parties. Serve with plenty of crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
In a large pot, boil chicken until done, drain and cool. Remove skin and bones and chop meat into small pieces. In a bowl, combine chicken, pickles and mayonnaise.
In a saucepan, heat soup and gelatin until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
Add chicken, pickles and mayonnaise to cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth. Pour into a greased mold and chill until firm.