This was given to me by my mother-in-law; it has been a favorite of my husbands since he was a youngster :-)
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Melt shortening, stir in brown sugar. Let cool.
Beat in the eggs.
Add dry ingredients.
Add chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
Pour in 10 x 15-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.