A touch of Mediterranean, a hint of Asian, this entree simmers chicken with tomato, mushrooms, soy, onion and olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
Dredge chicken pieces in flour until well coated. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and brown coated chicken pieces slowly in hot oil.
Meanwhile, combine reserved mushroom liquid with the tomatoes, soy sauce and garlic in a large saucepan and stir together. Add browned chicken and onion and stir together; cover saucepan and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Stir in mushrooms and olives and bring all to a boil; serve hot, coating with additional soy sauce if desired.