A meatless layered lasagna with carrots, broccoli, bell pepper and onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (12 ounce) packages lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3 cups chunky-style spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and ground black pepper. Stir to blend; set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Saute onions for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add carrot slices and saute about 2 minutes, then stir in green bell pepper and broccoli. Stir all together, reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Scrape veggies into ricotta mix and mix well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Ladle 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom. Place 2 strips of lasagna lengthwise in the dish, then spread about 4 cups of the filling over the pasta. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the filling; repeat layers.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour; let stand about 15 to 20 minutes, to firm up, before serving.