A simple recipe for grilled ham steak that is glazed with a sweet cherry sauce while cooking on the grill. This makes a beautiful main dish without a lot of fuss.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (2 pound) Cook's® brand Bone-In Thick Cut Ham Steak
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except ham. Simmer for five minutes.
Place ham steaks on grill over medium heat. Grill 3 minutes. Turn ham steak; brush with half of cherry mixture and continue to grill 3 minutes. Turn again; brush with remaining half of cherry mixture and continue to grill 1 to 2 minutes or until ham is glazed and heated through. Serve with any remaining cherry sauce.