M and M's Cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange and make sure to bake so
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Layer ingredients in jar in order given in a 1 quart ''wide mouth'' canning jar. Add the flour mixture last. It will be a tight fit when you add the flour mixture so be sure to pack everything down firmly.
Instructions to attach to jar:
M & M's Cookies
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE Mix in 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
4. Shape into balls the size of walnuts and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar