Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange and make s
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart ''wide mouth'' canning jar. Clean the inside of the jar with a dry paper towel after adding the confectioners' sugar and after adding the cocoa powder. Be sure to pack everything down firmly before adding the flour mixture, it will be a tight fit.
Instructions to attach to Jar:
Peanut Butter Cookies
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Add 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Mix until completely blended. You will need to use your hands to finish mixing.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheets. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER. Press balls down with a fork.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes until edges are browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar