Orange Slice Cookie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange and make sure to bake
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package orange slices candy, quartered
Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
Layer ingredients in order given in a quart sized "wide mouth" canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place. Add the orange candies last. It will be a tight fit.
Attach these directions to jar:
Orange Slice Cookies
1. Remove orange slice candy from jar. Set aside.
2 Empty remaining cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
3. ADD: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Add 1 egg slightly beaten and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
4. Mix until completely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
5. Mix in orange slice candy.
6. Shape into large sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar