Here's a favorite for the entire family: breaded chicken breasts with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Dip chicken in egg; dredge in crumbs.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 614 (19% from fat); FAT 12.8g (sat 5g, mono 4.8g, poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 49.1g; CARB 74.8g; FIBER 5.4g; CHOL 86mg; IRON 6.1mg; SODIUM 937mg; CALC 375mg