Six bean stew with pork sausage and BBQ sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans with pork
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large oven proof pot or Dutch oven, combine cooked sausage, pinto beans, peppers, kidney beans, wax beans, baked beans, barbeque sauce, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and brown sugar. Note that all of the juice from the cans is added as well.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.