Reduced fat cheesecake with all the decadent flavor and texture of the full fat version. Fresh lime juice and peel add a refreshing tropical flavor. A 32% calorie reduction from the traditional recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Equal® Spoonful**
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful in bottom of 8-inch springform pan or 8-inch round cake pan; pat evenly on bottom and 1/2-inch up side of pan. Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 8 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup Equal® Spoonful in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg, egg whites, lime peel and juice until well blended. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust.
Bake in 325 degree F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
* May substitute 3 packets Equal® sweetener
** May substitute 16 packets Equal® sweetener