Fresh mint, parsley, green onions, and cucumber are tossed with bulgur to make this great summer salad seasoned with ginger and coriander. The jumbo shrimp make it a meal!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat), uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 jumbo cooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
Place bulgur in a large bowl, and pour the boiling water and olive oil over it. Stir, cover, and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
When all of the water has been absorbed and the bulgur is tender, stir in the lemon juice, cucumber, green onions, parsley, and mint. Season with coriander, ginger, salt and pepper. Garnish with shrimp.
You can substitute 3 tomatoes for the cucumber, or use a combination of cucumber and tomatoes in this salad.