Red and green bell peppers, red potatoes, corn and kielbasa swim in a creamy base in this easy, thick chowder.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 ounces kielbasa, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, garlic, and bell peppers in butter until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in broth, potatoes, pepper and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Place half the corn in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Stir pureed corn, remaining whole corn, kielbasa, milk and cream into soup. Simmer 20 minutes more.