A rich corn chowder thickened with canned potato and mushroom soups.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned whole kernel corn
- 2 cups whole milk, or as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1 cup salt and black pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside until potatoes are done.
Add the bacon, potato soup, mushroom soup, corn, milk, and curry powder to the potato pot, and simmer over medium heat at least 15 minutes, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.