All the standard taco salad fixings (ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and onion) are chopped and tossed together with two kinds of cheese, purple kidney beans, Thousand Island dressing and a generous helping of corn chips to create a kaleidoscopic party-ple
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces thousand island salad dressing
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned. Drain fat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Cheddar cheese, Jack cheese and kidney beans. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Right before serving, add the dressing and corn chips and toss until evenly coated.