This is a recipe my mother found a few years ago. Corn, cheese, and a little Mexican spice make this a dip to remember. I make it for any party I have and everyone loves it. At least one person will ask for the recipe upon leaving my house.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
In a large serving bowl, stir together the corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, Cheddar cheese and lime juice. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to blend in seasonings, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.