Liven up your breakfast or brunch with these hearty cornmeal pancakes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup ALBERS® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
COMBINE corn meal, honey and salt in medium bowl. Slowly stir in boiling water. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon just until blended.
COMBINE egg and evaporated milk in small bowl; add to corn meal mixture. Spoon 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto heated, lightly greased griddle or skillet; cook for about 1 minute or until bubbles appear. Turn; continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with maple syrup.