Fabulous Holiday Favorite. Rich, but worth every calorie! Give yourself some extra baking time just in case your oven varies. Can be halved (use 3 eggs). Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream style corn
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Combine cream-style corn, regular corn, eggs, half-and-half, cream, flour, cornmeal, sugar, melted butter, salt, and pepper in a 2-1/2 to 3-quart casserole.
Bake at 325 to 350 degrees F (165 to 175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until set.