Corn relish is not difficult to make, and is always a colorful end of summer treat.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 quarts sweet corn kernels
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
In a large saucepan, mix corn, cabbage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, white sugar, ground dry mustard, celery seed, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, apple cider vinegar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.