This simple recipe is a great use for leftover sweet summer corn on the cob. Light and quick, it's a great addition to summer meals.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, until kernels are tender but crisp. Drain, cool slightly, and use a knife to scrape kernels from the cobs.
In a large bowl, mix the corn kernels, red bell pepper, onion, tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Season with pepper. Chill 15 minutes before serving.