A wonderful corn salad, savory and fresh-tasting. This recipe is fabulous with silver queen corn in the summer, but is also great with yellow sweet corn all year long!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 2 avocados - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2/3 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
Saute bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, red bell pepper, green onions and corn, and mix together. Carefully stir in the cubed avocado.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the red wine and vinegar dressing, the blue cheese dressing, and the honey.
Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and toss. Add bacon just before serving to keep it crunchy.