Cornmeal cookies that are not only buttery and sugary, but quite spicy! They also have cranberries and orange juice!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and orange juice concentrate. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the dried cranberries. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.