Fresh and different, this creamy chicken and mango dish, served cold with a spicy curried mayonnaise dressing, always brings interest and recipe requests.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup sultana raisins
- 1 (1 pound) large mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup toasted cashews
In a large pot, cook chicken in lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
In a large bowl, stir together chicken strips, raisins, and half of the mango.
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, curry powder, chutney, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then toss gently with chicken mixture. Stir in half the nuts. Transfer to a platter, and garnish with remaining mango strips and cashews.