This creamy clam dip is excellent! Garnish with a pinch of paprika and bits of pimento. Nonfat yogurt may be substituted for the sour cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can minced clams, drained with juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon clam juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, mash the cottage cheese with a fork until it is smooth and creamy.
Combine the clams, sour cream, onion, salt, lemon juice, clam juice and pepper with the cottage cheese. Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to chill for 30 minutes, or until it thickens.