This loaf is loaded with great flavors, is hearty and great for you! It truly melts in your mouth! You could make patties out of this recipe by leaving out the mushroom soup, forming the batter into patties and frying them in oil until golden brown.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 ounces saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) package buttery round crackers, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, oatmeal, salted crackers, buttery round crackers, eggs, sage, oregano, garlic powder, mushroom soup, milk, and mushrooms. Mix well and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, covered.