Cajun-seasoned chicken breast stuffed with a cottage cheese and spinach mixture, then baked in butter. Serve with tossed salad, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Squeeze excess water out of thawed spinach; in a large bowl, mix spinach with onion and cottage cheese and set aside.
Season chicken breasts with Cajun-style seasoning, then place 1/4 of cheese/spinach mixture in the center of each breast and fold in half. Secure with toothpicks and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Drizzle with melted butter and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.