This is a beautiful cold salad that's refreshing and delicious. Couscous is combined with lemon, cucumber, green onions, parsley and basil, and is served on a bed of lettuce.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices lemon
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in cucumber, green onion, parsley, basil and couscous. Mix well and chill for at least 1 hour.
Line a plate with lettuce leaves. Spoon couscous mixture over leaves and garnish with lemon wedges.