A savory simmer of ground beef, olives, mushrooms and onions is combined with spaghetti sauce and Italian seasonings. Layer with noodles, corn, peas and cheese to make an earthy and satisfying baked dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 9 lasagne noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups frozen green peas
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees) C. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat and drain excess grease. Add the olives, mushrooms, and onion. Stir and cook until the onions are soft. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
In a small bowl combine the peas and corn.
To assemble, lay 3 noodles on bottom of prepared pan, then one half of the beef mixture, half of the corn and pea mixture. Repeat. End the layers with the remaining noodles.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.