A favorite meal of any cowboy. Includes a hearty combination of lean ground beef, macaroni, cheese, and a tomato sauce that will make you jump up and click your spurs together.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) package macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned whole kernel corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the package.
Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine the macaroni and cheese, ground beef, onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and corn with its liquid. Mix well.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.