It doesn't take very long to whip up a fun meal with this recipe. Cowboys love these meaty tacos with chili beans and olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound cubed or minced pork stew meat
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 12 taco shells
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, for topping
In a large resealable bag, toss pork meat with the taco seasoning mix until coated. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the seasoned pork in the hot oil, stirring occasionally until pork is no longer pink.
Stir the beans, salsa and apricot preserves into the skillet with the pork. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Spoon 1/3 cup of the pork mixture into each taco shell, and top with sliced olives.