Blue crab claw meat served on buttery croissants is a favorite picnic dish for my wife, friends and me for summer trips.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 12 ounces cooked and flaked blue crabmeat
- 2/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 6 plain croissants, split in half
In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, onion, and garlic. Gently fold in tomato, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Asiago cheese can be folded into the mixture, or sprinkled over the top when serving.
Spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture on half of each croissant, and top with the other halves.