A crispy baked fish topped with a cheesy crab and pepper mixture. Easy to make, and nice to look at. This topping can also be used to stuff mushrooms. You may use any type of cheese that you like in this recipe - Italian cheeses work especially well.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese flavored bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets grouper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, red pepper, yellow pepper, green onions, jalapeno, butter, crabmeat, and mozzarella cheese. Arrange grouper fillets in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the fish.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. If you have thin fillets, you may broil for 10 minutes instead of baking.