Wonton wrappers filled with a creamy crabmeat mixture are deep fried until golden brown. They make wonderful appetizers!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
In a large, heavy sauce pan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, crabmeat, garlic powder, paprika and water chestnuts.
Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of wonton wrappers. Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over the mixture and pinch to seal.
In small batches, fry the wontons 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.