This creamy and colorful salad is inexpensive and flavorful. Seashell macaroni and crab meat are dotted with a delicious blend of herbs, green pepper, olives, radishes, tomato and celery. If you don't have celery on hand, just substitute some celery see
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups seashell pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced black olives
- 5 radishes, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 packet artificial sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; rinse with cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, artificial sweetener, garlic powder, dill, basil and oregano, adjusting seasonings to suit your taste.
Add the pasta to the dressing and toss to coat. Add the crab, green pepper, onion, olives, radishes, tomato and celery and gently fold into the salad mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.