Crab and linguine cakes with cilantro and green onions. Served with a cilantro-lime mayonnaise.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
In a mixing bowl, combine crab, noodles, eggs, green onion, bread crumbs, cilantro, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
On wax paper, divide mixture into 6 equal piles; form each pile into a patty. Make sure noodles are incorporated and are not sticking out.
In a medium skillet, heat vegetable oil and cook patties over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cilantro-lime mayonnaise.
For the cilantro-lime mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon cilantro, lime zest and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Chill until ready to serve.